The personal statement, one of the most important parts of your law school application, is an opportunity to highlight your writing ability, your personality, and your experience. Think of it as a written interview during which you get to choose the question. What one thing do you wish the admissions evaluators knew about you?
To help you write a law school personal statement that best reflects your abilities as a potential law student, we have some recommendations below.
- Discuss possible personal statement topics with your pre-law advisor (or someone else) before you invest a lot of time writing.
- Choose a narrow topic. Offer details about a small topic rather than generalities about a broad topic. Focus on a concrete experience and the impact it has had upon you.
- Be yourself. Do not tell law schools what you think they want to hear — tell them the truth.
- Pay special attention to your first paragraph. It should immediately grab a reader’s attention. Reviewers are pressed for time and may not read beyond an uninteresting opener.
- Keep it interesting. Write with energy and use the active voice. You do not have to explain how your experience relates to your desire to attend law school. Tell a story. Paint a vivid picture. The most interesting personal statements create visuals for the reader, which make your personal statement more memorable.
- Keep it simple and brief. Big words do not denote big minds, just big egos. Choose your words with economy and clarity in mind, and remember that your reader has a huge stack of applications to read. A personal statement generally should be two to three double-spaced pages.
- Proofread. Ask several people to proofread your essay. Grammatical or mechanical errors are inexcusable.
- Include information from your background that sets you apart. If your ethnicity, family, religion, socioeconomic background, or similar factors are motivating you to succeed in law school, be sure to highlight them. You can do this in the personal statement itself or in a separate diversity statement. If you are writing a personal statement and a diversity statement, make sure the two essays address different topics.
- Consider your audience. Most admissions evaluators are professors, third-year law students, or admissions professionals not long out of law school. Therefore, you want to come across as an attentive student, interesting classmate, and accomplished person. Again, consider what you most want them to know, beyond the information provided in the rest of your application.
- Read the application carefully. Most law schools allow you to choose a topic, but some will require you to address a specific question. Follow whatever instructions are provided.
- Do not play a role, especially that of a lawyer or judge. And stay away from legal concepts and jargon. You run the risk of misusing them, and even if you use them properly, legal language may make you appear pompous.
- Do not tell your life story in chronological order or merely re-state your resume. Furthermore, resist the urge to tie together all of your life experiences. The essays that try to say too much end up saying nothing at all.
- Do not become a cliché. You may genuinely want to save the world. Maybe your study abroad experience transformed the way you look at the world. But these topics are overused. Before writing your essay, consider how your story is unique and highlight your individuality.
- Do not use a personal statement to explain discrepancies in your application. If your academic record is weak in comparison to your LSAT scores, or vice versa, address that issue in an addendum. Emphasize the positive in the personal statement.
- Do not offend your reader. Lawyers rarely shy away from controversial topics, but you should think twice before advocating a controversial view. You do not want to appear to be close-minded.
- If you are in the bottom of an applicant pool, do not play it safe. You have nothing to lose by making a novel statement.
Receive Professional Personal Statement Help from Talented Writers
Usually, under the phrase “personal statement” we also mean admission essay. This is the ticket to your further educational life or career. It is impossible to get enrolled at the university, college or business school without submitting a personal statement.
Students attending university (Master’s, Ph.D.) level courses for the first time in their lives will obtain benefits from using our academic personal essay services. These services cover everything one needs while going to school or applying to the higher educational institution. In addition, our papers may serve as your job resume.
By moving to our site, you get a chance to work only with English-speaking writers. We hire staff from the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK. Thus, each student may receive help with a personal statement in any dialiect of English language. These people will describe your knowledge or life events that may impress a university commission board. Except for application essays, you will find all sorts of academic papers for fair prices at our website.
: How to Order Proper Help with Personal Statement?
In case you are not satisfied with the numerous samples you’ve discovered on the internet, you can hire our personal statement writers that are always ready to come up with the winning personal statement for you. We offer not just ready personal essay examples for college admission process: our experts can write whatever you need! By the way, professionals are enamored with our company as well because they need writing help just as any student does.
Many employees know how important it is to update CV/admission essay/resume/cover letter in order to stay on the wave and gain new opportunities. That is an excellent chance to get higher position and salary or be accepted to the prestigious university. Higher education is a must nowadays, so a personal essay is a critical tool for reaching one’s academic and career objectives. So, both students and young professionals take advantage of our services.
The mission is more complicated as students have to demonstrate both in-depth knowledge of the particular subject and the awareness of target institution’s standards. It is important so far to study all the information provided by the Department you are going to join. Leave it all to us!
Personal Statement Writers That Every Student Can Trust
Some services cooperate with so-called ESL writers, so they risk missing deadlines or offering plagiarized works. In contrast to our rivals, we aim at a long-term cooperation with the students who require help. To prove that we can be called the best on the web, we…
- deliver essays that match all individual and academic requirements
- check all finished papers for plagiarism twice
- proofread and fix content
- make sure the paper formatting is correct
- keep to the generally accepted referencing rules
- provide total refunds in case the customer is not fully satisfied
- promise free revisions
- examine potential writers’ skills before hiring them
- deliver all essays via e-mail or personal account
- never share your completed assignment or personal data
Our writers conduct research to find out what qualities your target college or university is looking for in its applicants. Besides, our team also searches for all possible information on the field of customer’s interest.
For instance, if you have a dream to become a successful entrepreneur one day, our team will prepare a letter for Harvard Business School or another related institution of your dreams.
Remember: studying in such places requires a lot of efforts. At least every student can save a plenty of nerves and time on application essay. Moreover, help with writing personal statement offered by our service will increase your chances to win a place.
Help with Writing Personal Statement: 3 Steps
Our team will make sure that your personal statement will impress Harvard’s committee from the first sentence.
Each customer just has to:
- mention the basic details from your educational and career background,
- write a bit about your life goals,
- explain why you think this certain educational institution is your lucky ticket.
Do not go into details – our writers will expand your thoughts as well as avoid any grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. We will enrich your paper’s vocabulary too.
Whatever you come up with, keep in mind that our writers can compose a winning personal statement much faster than similar services. Besides, they complete every order at a professional level as our authors have done a job like that thousands of times already. Their own application letters were once a triumph, so don’t hesitate to order our writing service to hit your target!